Sunday, November 17, 2013

making small spaces work

We have a very small place. 5 people in 1100 square feet.  My goal lately has been to make spaces functional.  I have been making custom pieces to fit our lifestyle.  My boys share a room.  They are avid guitarists.  5 guitars and 3 amps.  Needless to say the room gets messy all the time because of the furniture they had and nothing fits.  I decided to make a custom piece that they could store the amps permanently out of the way.  I also decide to hang the guitars.  I changed out the dresser and nightstands.  Made custom boxes for misc. items
I changed out their long dresser for a thinner taller dresser to optimize space

custom boxes I made for misc. storage

custom boxes I made for misc. storage

custom boxes I made for misc. storage

 have not completed all the storage boxes yet with their favorite bands

front view of the entertainment center

full view of the entertainment center
had to place 2 other  guitars in stands on the dresser


custom painted night stand

1 comment:

  1. I was going to add the cost of this project. The dresser I originally ought for $25.00. Nightstand was $15.00. Entertainment center for my supplies cost $20.00 for wood, screws, etc. Headboard which I think I forgot to take a picture of cost $20.00 supplies. Total room makeover cost $80.00

    ReplyDelete