Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Centerpiece for all occasions

Like many people I see something I like, but cannot afford.  I wanted a centerpiece that I could use for any occasion. Something simple that had a driftwood kind of look to it.  People always ask me "hey do you want this".  I usually say yes because somehow I might find a use for it.  This project was completely free for me.  I used one old fence slat.  I cut 2 pieces to 11 inches in length (you could custom to any length).  I then cut the other 2 pieces to fit the width.  I used small wooden blocks for the legs. (you could use anything, or not even add legs.  I used wood glue and screws to attach all the pieces.  I attached underneath so you couldn't see the screws.  I hand painted a branch silhouette and when it dried, I


simply sealed with 2 coats of water based polyurethane.  I attached 2 nickel drawer pulls.  It's close to Christmas so I placed a candle on top and other holiday decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment