Thursday, December 8, 2016

laptop / drawing easel

My son gave me a challenge.  He wanted a table top laptop desk / easel.  For the life of me I could not find a plan that I had all the tools, supplies, etc.  I found one finally that I thought I could make but there was no tutorial (of course).  I am not good with moving parts so to make an adjustable one was hard for my brain to figure out.  This is what I came up with supplies I had on hand. (1) 15  3/4 X 11 1/4  3/4 inch piece of pin, for the top (2) 5 3/4 X 11 1/4 X 3/4 inch pieces of cedar fence slat, for the bottom. (2) large door hinges, to connect top and bottom (1) small hinge, for adjustable angle (1) 4 3/4 X 5 X 1/4 X 1/2 inch cedar slat, for angle (2) 11 1/4 X 1 1/4 X 3/8 inch oak molding, to connect the bottom fence slats together (2) 13 1/2 X 3/4 X 3/8 inch oak molding, to hold cedar angle in place (8) felt sticky circles to protect table and of course wood glue and screws.  (1) 15 3/4 X 1 1/4 X 3/4 inch piece of pine, for the front rest. You can use whatever, this is what I already had for supplies. My son wanted it natural in color, so I just added 4 oats of water based polyurethane to finish it off.  Total cost for me 0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment