Thursday, March 21, 2013

Paint paint and more paint




I have always loved Victorian detail, but live in a house built in 1974.  I realize my style is very eclectic and over the top grandma.  Come on, who doesn't love their grandma.  I had been looking online for a ceiling medallion and the cheapest I could find was $30.00 for really plain ones.  I was in a consignment shop and guess what was sitting there waiting for me to buy.  I talked the lady down to $10.00.  I had to cut a hole for the light fixture.  Yes I cannot cut anything straight, but its okay.  It will be covered by the light fixture.  I used paint I already had in my garage.  I started out with a creamy white latex paint.  Let it dry while working on another project.  Now mind you I am not a painter and was winging this and hoped for the best.  With a partially steady hand added black latex paint on the detail.  Let it dry for a bit.  I then added a gold craft paint and just dabbed it everywhere to give it some depth.  I then added some white craft paint to fix what I didn't like.  Finally I added a glossy coat of spray gloss.  I think it turned out not to bad for a newb.  can't wait to put it up in the kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Love how.this.turned out.. i.think i got rid of that mastick mirror glue cause i.didnt.think i would.need it. That may work.if i.still have it. I will need to

    buy a calking gun anyways now lmao.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why would you get rid of it nerd, lol. Yes you do need a new caulking gun

    ReplyDelete