Sunday, April 14, 2013

Big Brass Beast

What is better than popcorn ceilings?  A giant brass, wood, ruffly glass ceiling fan.  That draws your attention to the popcorn ceiling.  Here is what I did to change the look of my ceiling fan.  1st I took of the arms and cleaned thoroughly (Gross by the way).  2nd I painted the faux wooden blades with a black/gray color with 3 coats.  3rd I painted the brass arms with layers of paints and I just used craft paints.  I started out with a bronze, then pewter, black, copper, then pewter again.  I was going for a rubbed bronze look.  4th I did the same with the fixture on the ceiling.  I am so lazy I didn't mask off anything.  I managed not to do to bad.  I then put everything back together. Added some glass fixtures I bought at a thrift store for $1.00 each.  I already had the paint so total cost $3.00
Oh all the shiny gold
faux wooden blade


after


after
after

No comments:

Post a Comment