Friday, April 12, 2013

Use what you already have

We all know it's great to buy brand new.  I unfortunately cannot afford brand new.  Now our yard is in the process of getting done and we have along way to go.  However after a lot of hard work, we are making the yard look better.  I wanted new chairs, but couldn't afford them.  I bought this patio set years ago.  Nice set for $20.00 but there were no seats.  I just recently made new seats from donated wood.  I primed and painted the wood seats to protect the wood.  With paint already bought.  I made the cushions out of leftover fabric.  My only expense was the foam bought at home depot (camping foam pad) $19.97 and 5.63 for fabric protectant. total cost for each chair, slightly less than $7.00.  cheaper than buying new.  I added new paint to my table $6.00.  bought oops paint for my deck $7.00.  Had the benches already just primed and painted $20.00.  bought the candle holder for $1.00, added a touch of gold  bought the glass holders for $4.00 at a thrift shop, just added the beads and battery candles, already had.  just glued the glass in place.  reused a tin can for the fire pit, bricks were free, did buy the top bricks at .75 each.  grate was on clearance for $7.00 and a bag of gravel to catch the ashes $3.00, also added heat resistant paint $5.00 to make the can look new.  Total cost for the fire pit about $23.00.  So far I love it and it is hard work, but It is looking good.  got a few more projects, but it is coming along and is helping me shed some unwanted pounds just keeping busy
my refurbished patio chairs


newly painted table
my homemade candelier

a closer look


getting things looking nice
earl's fire pit project


newly stained deck
can't wait to use


fire pit
loving the fire pit, made great smores

No comments:

Post a Comment