Friday, April 5, 2013

Bathroom redo

This project started with a bag of cabinet knobs bought at the goodwill for $2.00.  They were brand new and matched so operation bathroom/utility room started. I had left over tan paint from the kitchen.  Painted the walls however ran out of paint.  Lucked out when I went to get a quart of kitchen and bath, they were all out of the quart size.  I got a gallon for the same price $15.43.  My cabinets and drawers were pretty awful.  I sanded what finish was left on them and decided to add some dimension.  Picked up some molding from Home depot.  I need 4 strips at a cost of $9.88. I purchased the small blocks at wood connection for 2 for 5 cents total 40 cents. painted with my leftover black paint.  I attached with wood glue and small brads. added a new faucet $26.63.  made my own candle wall sconces with items on hand except for the mirrors, cost $1.00. repainted and distressed the shelf over the sink.  Wooden box was free, but I had to make. containers were 5.99 and 4.99 each, Total $22.00.  Bought regular soap and wrapped with ribbon (much cheaper than decorative soap, total $4.00.  Hand made medicine chest $25.00, contact paper $5.63, long rug 12.00, small rug $21.00, laundry baskets $8.00, red carrier $15.00, rubber cover $5.00, garbage can $3.00, other misc items $10.00, light fixture which I had to order and not here yet $28.00.  Still need to paint doors and molding, I could not afford new counters or floor, but I love the update. I also have all my patriotic sewing that I have done in there. It fits my antique style.  total cost $164.00
cabinets before, I took off the doors.  They are ugly brown

Hated the ugly wall mirror and the cheap faucet

small spaces are a drag

drawer fronts are in terrible condition

I added detail to the drawer pronys
Its hard to tell with my camera but he cabinets are a black gray color, distressed. I added hardware and my new matching laundry baskets, The shadow makes the wall look yellow, but it is actually a tan
Some of my collectibles hanging on the wall with my cross stitch


more cross stitch, yes I know I have a lot

I just repainted the shelf and distressed, made the box out of scrap wood and added the cannisters

An antique mirror I had forever

afterwards my antique bathroom

love the rug

now everything matches

more cross stitch

yes more cross stitch

afterwards

Love my candle sconces I made for $1.00 out of reused items


my cabinets painted black/gray and distressed with new hardware
love my new bathroom





added new contact paper to the drawers

1 comment:

  1. Such a fantastic little decorator. People should pay you for that. You could be an interior decorator so easy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete