Saturday, April 27, 2013

Giving and old bed a new use

found this metal headboard at a thrift store for $10.00.  You should have seen me put it my car.  I thought a bench would be cute to make with it.  Now this was a simple project.  I did buy redwood so it would last.  The bench was $20.00.  (I have enough left over to make a small bench also with the leftover piece).  The 4X4 was also $20.00.  Long wood screws were used.  The tricky part was drilling through the metal of the bed frame.  My hubby added the stain and waterproofing.  I love it and it provides extra seating for my yard.  Total cost $50.00, but in the end I will get 2 benches out of it.  One larger 5 foot bench and the other 3 foot bench. Much cheaper and more sturdy than the ones you buy at the store. Thanks  Earl
before


after

after

No comments:

Post a Comment